Visible lasting fruit – it’s something we all want to have in our lives. Galatians teaches us that the fruit of the Holy Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. We’ve all heard what the fruit of the spirit are. We all know that it’s a good way to be. But how many of us are that way all the time?
In the natural world fruit isn’t the first thing to appear. A lot of growth happens before the fruit can be enjoyed. A lot of growth happens before anything is seen at all. There are many stages from seed to fruit – too many to mention here. Bottom line – a lot of time and effort must happen before fruit is visible. And obviously during each of these stages and even up into the fruit stage hard work and care don’t guarantee fruit of any size or flavor. In our character it takes a lot of work to get to that fruit stage too. Most of it you can’t put your hands on. Most of it is hidden until the fruit stage and then and only then you get to find out if your hard work paid off.
I found a great chunk of Scripture that made it all a little clearer to me one day when I was wrestling with God about my character – It’s 2Peter 1:1-11. It’s worth mentioning here that its clear from these scriptures that some people don’t continue in the journey into the fruit stage– perhaps they give up, get bored, lose hope or the storms of life stop them from growing. My prayer is that these scriptures cause a divine chain reaction in your life, birthing real and lasting fruit, and that you don’t give up on the way.
The divine chain reaction: (Based on 2Peter 1:1-11 NLT)
- Be of like faith as Peter – must be a born again believer.(v1 )
- Begin to grow in the Lord(v2)
- As we grow God gives us everything we need for living a godly life(v3)
- God gives us all His promises(v4)
- We should make every effort to live by faith and believe in Him(v5)
- This faith will grow moral excellence(v5)
- Moral excellence will grow into knowing God better(v5)
- Knowing God leads to self-control(v6)
- Self control grows patient endurance(v6)
- Patient endurance grows godliness(v6)
- Godliness grows in us the ability to have love for other Christians(v7)
- Loving other Christians grows genuine love for everyone(v7)Genuine love for everyone leads to more growth in
- God leading to souls being saved or you being productive in your knowledge.
- The final lasting eternal fruit is an eternity in heaven(v11)
Beyond bible study , Sunday school , Sunday School curriculum, every new believer wants to grow in Jesus Christ. This divine chain reaction is how to grow your faith in Jesus organically.
Be blessed and wildly fruitful!